Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Secret Keeper Book Review



 
 
Just recently finished Kate Morton’s new novel The Secret Keeper.  I have to say I really enjoyed it.  First of all, it is my favorite genre – historical fiction. Second of all, it kept me guessing to the very end. I can generally guess a book’s ending long before the last few pages. While I did guess at some of the mystery, I was completely blown away by the surprise ending.
Kate definitely has a way of making a story real to the reader. While at times I was eager for her to get on with the story so that I could find out what happens, I also really appreciated the details she integrated into her tale. The characters are very real, and very believable, to the point that you have deep emotional reactions to them. Her style makes me slightly envious. I felt this twinge of begrudging respect for her first book The Forgotten Garden, as well, and have subsequently purchased all of her novels that she has published since.
The Secret Keeper is one of my favorites of her books. I thought it was a great read, as did my book club. All the girls agreed that it was worth the effort. Enthusiastically give it two thumbs up! 


3 comments:

  1. I'll have to look for this book! I have read her others and wondered about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to read this (and you're new book)! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of all of her books, Forgotten Garden and Secret Keeper are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete