Thursday, May 9, 2013

My New Love



I am in love!  . . . a long legged, compact beauty, with elegant flare. My parents came to visit all the way from Tennessee for my daughter’s birthday celebration, and when they came they had a wonderful surprise for me! Packed carefully in the back of my daddy’s truck was a vintage 1920s stove in perfect working condition.  Because I don’t have a gas hookup and because my kitchen is so small, I put her in the dining area. I was telling my husband that I should name her. What do you name a sleek little model that’s nearly a hundred years old that has still kept her function and her looks? He suggested Audrey. I will think about it and see if it feels right.


10 comments:

  1. You must have a family that loves you is all I have to say! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. Maggie would be cute, or Lucy, or Lillie (I always thought that would be cute for one of my girls' middle name after Grandma), or Hattie, or Mable. Old names are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love old names. I would add, Mae to the mix but Lilly or Elsie I also like.
    Beautiful stove, so lucky to look at that every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat find. I was going to suggest Mae, but someone already suggested that. Grace would be fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Grace too (after the character in Keeping Keller). Love the old stove, the new do and you! You have the best ideas. You continue to make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I have decided to name her Millie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you choose the name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a very sweet older woman that lived nearby when I was a girl. Her name was Millie Henry. She was a petite little thing. She had blocks on her gas and brake peddle so that she could drive. She would have me and my sisters over on Saturdays to help her with her projects, and then she would take us to get ice cream after. She is gone, but not forgotten.

      Delete